Monday, June 11, 2007

Sofia Minson






















"Dawn of Aotearoa"

"I'm a New Zealand artist who enjoys celebrating the spirit of people, culture and nature through painting.

My bold yet detailed oil paintings are inspired by my respect for the land and mythology of Aotearoa (New Zealand), as well as my experiences from having lived and travelled amongst richly diverse cultures. My work captures the colour and grandeur of people and life in Sri Lanka and Africa while also being influenced by my own Maori ancestry.

In the past three years I have learnt a great deal and grown considerably as an artist both creatively and professionally. I graduated with an Art and Design degree, was awarded 1st prize in two national art competitions and featured in numerous media publications. I am very fortunate to be painting full-time and I look forward to continued participation in national and international artistic endeavours." Sofia Minson

www.sofia.vc.net.nz
sofia.minson@paradise.net.nz

No comments: